Cabinet extends work with decisions issued to contain COVID-19
The Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al-Thani chaired on Wednesday the regular Cabinet meeting through video conferencing.
During the meeting, the Cabinet decided to extend the work with decisions issued earlier within the framework of the precautionary and preventive measures to curb the spread of the novel Coronavirus pandemic.
Decisions taken to contain COVID-19:
1) limiting the number of employees present at the headquarters of governmental institutions.
2) limiting the number of employees present at the headquarters of private-sector organizations.
3)Public and Private-sector employees work for six hours a day, from 7 AM to 1 PM.
4) All meetings held between employees of the public and private sectors present at their place of work should be remotely.
5) Suspending home cleaning services provided by cleaning and hospitality companies.
6) Limiting the number of employees transferred by bus to half the capacity of the vehicle, while adhering to the necessary precautionary measures.
7) Continuing the intensified inspection visits made by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry to supermarkets and restaurants to ensure adherence to health conditions and precautions, including safe distancing measures between shoppers.
The Cabinet has also extended the work with the exemptions approved earlier with regard to the previous decisions. The extension decision is applicable from Thursday Apr. 16, 202. It shall last for two weeks, during which a re-evaluation will be made to take the appropriate decision.
The Cabinet was also briefed on the latest developments and efforts to contain the disease and reiterated the importance of adhering to the precautionary measures taken to combat the pandemic.