237 items found for ""
- October 21, 2022 | 10:00 AM8113, شارع الريم، الدوحة، Qatar
- October 18, 2022 | 4:00 PM
- September 24, 2022 | 4:00 PM
- ‘I joke that I have more World Cup participations than Messi’
Meet the 76-year-old volunteering legend from Germany who is supporting Qatar’s FIFA World Cup™ A 76-year-old volunteer from Germany is participating in his fifth FIFA World Cup™ in Qatar. Hubert Bihler is overjoyed to be supporting the first edition of the tournament in the Middle East and Arab world. Bihler is one of more than 20,000 volunteers involved in this year’s World Cup. He is supporting media operations at Stadium 974 – one of eight state-of-the-art tournament venues and the first fully-demountable stadium in FIFA World Cup history. Here, we caught up with Bihler to learn more about his experience in Qatar. Tell us about yourself. How did you start volunteering? I am from Dunningen in the Black Forest region, close to France and Switzerland. I have been a football enthusiast all my life. I worked as a sports and mathematics teacher, but was always involved in football. I was a player and coach. Football was always a part of my life and after I retired, I began to volunteer in mega events. My first experience was the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany. From there, I fell in love with volunteering. Tell us about your previous volunteering experiences. I have volunteered at five FIFA World Cups: in 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018, and now in 2022. I was also a volunteer at the 2011 Women’s World Cup. I sometimes joke that I have more World Cup participations than Messi. What does your role as a media operations volunteer entail? We support the smooth experience of media who are here to cover the tournament. Recently I managed over 130 photographers who were assigned to capture the action during Mexico versus Poland. What is unique about this experience in Qatar? This is actually my first volunteering experience in the Arab world and so far, the generosity and hospitality of people in Qatar have impressed me. It’s all about the encounters we have. Volunteering enriches my life in a great manner. What motivated you to become a Qatar 2022 volunteer? The 2018 FIFA World Cup was actually going to be my last event as a volunteer, but my wife unexpectedly passed away. I wanted another challenge so I decided to apply to volunteer in Qatar. How has your volunteer experience been so far? I have experienced many memorable moments here in Qatar. A big one was seeing volunteers from all parts of the world recognise me from other FIFA events. This World Cup has a wonderful, friendly atmosphere. It’s nice to see fans celebrating in a peaceful manner, with respect for one another. Which team are you supporting? Now that my beloved Germany didn’t qualify for the round of 16, I will be supporting Brazil. They have a great team and I also have many Brazilian friends.
- BOC files raps vs forwarders behind abandoned balikbayan boxes
MANILA, Philippines — The Bureau of Customs filed criminal complaints against consolidators and deconsolidators who abandoned some 7,000 Balikbayan boxes meant for the families of Overseas Filipino Workers. To recall, the BOC found in October that 32 containers of balikbayan boxes were abandoned by consolidators and de-consolidators from August 2021 to July 2022 containing 6,693 balikbayan boxes. In a statement, the bureau said that BOC data and complaints received from OFWs, the consolidators following consolidators were found to have abandoned Balikbayan boxes: All Win Cargo LLC Island Kabayan Express Cargo LLC Carlos Martin Guinto Co. GM Multi Services Anhar Al Mawalah Trading Their deconsolidators include CMG Int'l Movers and Cargo Services, Cargoflex Haulers Corp., FBV Forwarders and Logistics, Inc. and Etmar Int'l Logistics. “For our fellow OFWs who have been victims of the said companies, you can contact the BOC to strengthen the cases against the said exploitative consolidators and deconsolidators,” the BOC said. Earlier, the BOC also said it was looking into blacklist such forwarders, consolidators and de-consolidators. It also reminded OFWs to email email@example.com with [BALIKBAYAN BOXES] as the email subject and include their contact details. Source: PhilStar
- Singing star Tamer Hosny to perform live in Doha
Qatar Airways and Qatar Tourism, in association with Alchemy Project are glad to announce that Arab Legend Tamer Hosny is coming to perform live in Doha. The concert will take place on December 13,2022 in Doha Golf Club. Event is sponsored by Ooredoo, Coca-Cola and Qatar Duty Free, and held under Qatar Live 2022 series of events. Tamer Hosny is a pop singer, actor, composer, lyricist, director, producer and novelist. His artistic career began in 2002. Extensive enthusiasm, hard work, and passion in terms of music and acting made him within 5 years the most promising celebrity/singer in the Middle East & Africa. His masterpiece in music is magically amazing. His songs possess a strong convincing power, dominated deeply over mind and emotions from fans all over the world. The concert’s age restrictions are 21+. Guests must present a valid ID at the entrance. Tickets start from $75, available on Tixbox.com. “We are thrilled to host an Arab Legend Tamer Hosny. His show is one of the immense live sparking performances in Arab world and we are honored to delight audience and see excitement of amazing Doha”, said Mac.s.Far, CEO of Alchemy Project. About Tamer Hosny Tamer Hosny is a pop singer, actor, composer, lyricist, director, producer and novelist. His artistic career began in 2002. Extensive enthusiasm, hard work, and passion in terms of music and acting made him within 5 years the most promising celebrity/singer in the Middle East & Africa. His albums and films (both past and present) have achieved best sales and wills. His masterpiece in music is magically amazing. His songs possess a strong convincing power, dominated deeply over mind and emotions from fans all over the world. His lyrics are remarkable, mainly surprising most of the time; as he introduces innovative phrases to make it simply unique and meaningful. His wide variety of audience members love his music, and support his record-breaking best sales. As a movie actor, his acting is very spontaneous. He performs every challenging and diverse role in very realistic ways. Tamer enjoys writing his own movie scripts, utilizing his creative mind. His movies have achieved mostly ‘box office hits’ within the Middle East. International Collaborations "Bokra-Tomorrow" Charity Single Tamer sang Bokra Tomorrow (A Better You, Better Me) a charity single that was released on 11/11/2011 at 11:11PM, along with Shakira, Rim Banna, Akon, Diana Karazon, Marwan Khoury, Latifa, Souad Massi, Hani Mitwassi, Saber El Roba3i, Kathem El Saher, Wa3ed, Sherine and other Arab Artists. The single will distribute the proceeds of its donations to various organisations, institutions and charities with arts and culture programs. The eight minute song was written by Majida Al-Roumi, and produced by Quincy Jones and RedOne. Duet with Shaggy Tamer Hosny has recorded a new duet song with Shaggy, named "Smile". The song, written and composed by Tamer Hosny, will be distributed all over the world. The music video has been released at the beginning of 2012; the music video was shot in New York City, and it has achieved huge success; it has achieved more than one million views in only 3 days on YouTube, and for this exceptional growth rate, YouTube awarded the music video a trending medal. Duet with Snoop Dogg Tamer Hosny has released a duet song with Snoop Dogg, Named Si L Sayed. It was released in 2012. Tamer Hosny and Snoop Dogg shot the music video in Los Angeles, the music video has achieved a big success Around the world Music Collaboration with Akon Tamer Hosny has recorded one of his best hits with the international singer Akon in 2013 the music video was filmed in Miami USA on May 2013. And have achieved a very big success in the Middle East and internationally. Duet song with Jason derulo Tamer Hosny was chooser by Coca-Cola to sing the official World Cup song in 2018 Representing Egypt in a duet song with Jason derulo. He was chosen to sing the official song for the CAF u23 in 2019 He was chosen to sing the official song of the World Cup for the special needs along with Avril Lavigne and Luis Fonsi in 2019. Winning a world Guinness record for the most contribution to a bulletin board was achieved by Tamer Hosny (Egypt) and presented to him by his fans in marina mall Abu Dahbi on December 6 2019 as in 2017 he helped Egypt to enter Guinness records with the biggest blood donation campaign in the world.
- Our Team | Qabayan Radio 94.3
MEET OUR TEAM Qabayan Radio is the only Filipino radio station in Qatar. We can help you penetrate the Filipino community market. Our Broadcast & Production Team RJ Kenzo Growing up introverted and extremely shy, this Manileño-Caviteño’s constant thirsts for life and adventure led him dare himself do things that scare him, including public speaking! Today that he has conquered stages and even stadiums with large audiences, the restrictions to hold public gatherings during COVID-19 pandemic paved the way for his voice to reach a new platform – the radio. On air, you’d usually hear him play feel-good music and share some Little Interesting Facts Everyday (LIFE). Join him every Mondays and Wednesdays at The Playground from 3:00pm to 6:00pm and every Saturdays at Usapang Qabayan from 7:00pm to 8:30pm. RJ John A typical hip-hop head, John’s passion for music started at a very young age when he would hear his mom sing while cleaning the house. Although his favorite genre is Hip Hop music, his musical influences span from the Beatles to Slipknot. He is an Audio Engineering graduate who tried his hands at Emceeing in The Philippines, Singapore and Canada. He also has dozens of unreleased Hip Hop songs which he composed himself. When he’s not burning through ink and paper, you can find him lighting up the airwaves in Qabayan Radio 94.3. Catch him on The After Shift, 6:00 - 9:00 pm. RJ Cody New in Qatar but not in the industry. The guy who produces on-air materials like commercials, stingers, plugs, etc. for radio airing. The guy next door as he says. Mid-serious mid-jolly. Likes going into fishing, road trips, and island hopping back in the Philippines. Loves basketball but hasn’t been gifted with the height required so he expresses out his frustrations by playing guitar. Just look him in the eyes and you’ll know even more. On air, he shares fun, interesting or odd facts and trivia. Catch him on 'On Q' from 12nn to 3pm (Sundays - Thursdays), The After Shift, 6:00pm - 9:00pm (Monday, Wednesday), and Saturday show, from from 9am to 12nn (every Saturday). RJ Andi Fiercely rooted in music, this Cebuana beauty who started playing the violin at 6 and Radio Broadcasting in 17 has grown into a woman who embraces confidence as a performer and a public speaker. On Air, her fun personality and infectious enthusiasm will surely make your day. If you want a daily dose of happiness, join her in Midday Jam from Sunday to Thursday from 9am to 12pm and at the Playground on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Our Sales & Marketing Team Donna Garcia Sales & Marketing Executive Mavi G. Paderon Sales & Marketing Executive 1/10
- Appointment | Qabayan Radio 94.3
LET'S MEET We offer flexible advertising packages to suit your budget requirement, thus let's meet, discuss, and negotiate. Book a meeting now with any of our Sales & Marketing Executives. Hi, I'm Donna firstname.lastname@example.org +974 6668 1199 +974 4499 4941 Hi, I'm Mavi email@example.com +974 6655 5943 +974 4499 4944 1/10
- On Air | Qabayan Radio 94.3
On Air Advertising There are evident facts that prove Qabayan Radio's high potential reach to intended Filipino community and other English-speaking nationals in the country. These include: Filipinos are the 5th highest population in the country. Filipinos are music lovers. Filipinos are sociables, hence they are among the most active social media users. English is the second dominantly spoken and understood language by Filipinos. As a matter of fact, English is the official language of the Philippine government in all its communications. Hence, Qabayan Radio's music playlists and programming are dominantly in English. Most importantly, Qabayan Radio is the first and only Filipino radio station in Qatar, hence it is the best medium to place on air advertising intended to Filipino community market. Radio Advertising Packages Standard Radio Commercial Live Mentions or Recorded As Live Time Check Sponsorship (Live & Automated) Songs Sponsorship (Live & Automated) Radio Program Sponsorship Radio Segment Sponsorship Branded On Air Games/Contest Radio Guesting Block Timing Need more info? Contact our Team 1/10
- Mga Proseso sa Paglipat sa Ibang KumpanyaIn Qatar Labor Law·October 14, 2020Nitong Agosto 31, 2020 ay naglabas ng bagong batas ang Amir ng Qatar, HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani na kinabibilangan ng Law No. 18 of 2020) na nag-aamyenda sa kaukulang probisyon ng Law No. 14 of 2004 (Qatar Labor Law) at Law No. 19 of 2020 na nag-aamyenda sa mga kaukulang probisyon ng Law No. 21 of 2015 (Residency Law) - ang parehong batas ay nagbabalangkas ng mga probisyon at paraan para sa paglipat ng isang manggagawa sa ibang kumpanya na mas pinadali at tumatanggal sa tinatawag na No Objection Certificate (NOC). Nailathala ang mga nasabing batas sa Official Gazette noong Setyembre 9, 2020 at nagkabisa na isang araw matapos ang petsa ng pagkakalathala nito. Sa dating batas bago ang nasabing pag-amyenda, ang isang manggagawa ay makakalipat lamang sa ibang kumpanya ng di na kailangan ang NOC kung natapos na nito ang termino ng kanyang kontrata, o kaya ay ang paglipat nito ay desisyon mismo ng kinauukulan bilang resulta ng napatunayang pang-aabuso ng employer. Maraming mga OFWs sa Qatar ang maaaring may tanong o kaya ay hindi pa alam ang mga proseso na dapat gawin upang makalipat sa ibang kumpanya ng maayos at naaayon sa batas. Narito ang mga dapat gawin: Mag download ng Change Employer Form mula sa website ng Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs (MADLSA), fill-upan at pirmahan ito. Punan ang mga impormasyon tungkol sa sarili (Personal Info) na nasa bandang taas ng form, ang sa bandang baba naman ay mga impormasyon tungkol sa magiging bagong employer. Tiyakin na tama ang mga impormasyong iyong isusulat sa form. Papirmahan at palagyan ng stamp ang Form sa magiging bagong employer. Para naman sa mga kasambahay, hindi na kailangan ang computer card at stamp sa form. Mag login sa e-Services page ng MADLSA upang e submit itong Form (application). Tiyakin na tama ang impormasyong iyong isusulat sa online submission katulad ng iyong QID at mobile number na dapat nakapangalan ang simcard sa'yo. Hintayin ang confirmation ng MADLSA within one week, matapos nitong ma-proseso ang iyong application. Magsesend ito ng notification sa'yo at sa'yong current employer para sa notice period. Kung ang iyong application ay hindi kompleto, makakatanggap ka rin ng notification tungkol dito at kung ano pang mga impormasyon o dokyumento ang kailangan mong e submit. Sa puntong yan, ang mga susunod na proseso ay gagawin na ng iyong magiging bagong employer, tulad ng mga sumusunod: Kapag natapos na ang notice period, tutuloy na sa pagproseso ng employment contract ang iyong magiging bagong employer sa pamamagitan ng digital certification services ng MADLSA. Kapag tapos na ang certification ng employment contract, tutuloy na ang iyong magiging bagong employer sa MOI website o Metrash2 para sa pagproseso ng iyong tuluyang paglipat. Maaari nyo pong e comment ang inyong iba pang mga tanong at paglilinaw tungkol dito.24733
- Proseso sa pagtapos o pagputol sa kontrata para mag 'exit for good'In Qatar Labor Law·October 16, 2020Sa unang post ko kaugnay sa paglipat ng isang manggagawa sa ibang kumpanya ng di na kakailanganin ang NOC alinsunod sa Qatar laws no. 18 and 19 of 2020, ay naipaliwanag ang mga prosesong dapat sundin ng mga manggagawa na nais lumipat sa ibang kumpanya. Tandaan po natin na ang paglipat sa ibang kumpanya ay nangangahulugan na meron kang natanggap ng Offer Letter, dahil kasama sa dapat mong ilagay sa Change Employer Form ay mga impormasyon tungkol sa iyong magiging bagong employer. Kung ikaw ay aalis sa kasalukuyan mong kumpanya na wala pa namang lilipatan o wala pa namang natatanggap na Offer Letter, ay tiyak na mare-reject lamang din ito ng kinauukulan. Ngayon, paano naman ang mga proseso na dapat sundin ng isang manggagawa na nais ng tapusin o putulin ang kanyang kontrata sa isang kumpanya para umuwi na, 'ika nga e mag exit na for good? Narito ang mga proseso: Mag download ng Leave Country Form sa website ng MADLSA (Click to Download). E fill-up at pirmahan ang nadownload na Leave Country Form. E submit ang form sa MADLSA online para sa kanilang pag-proseso. Hintayin ang confirmation ng MADLSA sa loob ng isang linggo matapos itong ma-submit, na nagtatakda ng notice period. Tandaan na lahat ng aplikasyon ay ayon sa mga terms and conditions na nilalabas ng MADLSA. Kung may mga isyu o problemang teknikal kaugnay sa nasabing mga proseso, maaaring tawagan ang MADLSA sa mga numerong 4028 8888, o kaya ay mag email sa support@ADLSA.gov.qa Meron ka pa bang karagdagang mga tanong? Maaari mong e comment dito.21491
- Welcome!In General ·October 6, 2020It’s good to have you here. Thanks for being a part of Qabayan growing community. Feel free to start discussions and share what's on your mind. In this forum you can also add photos, videos, hashtags and more to your posts. But hey, your posts are strictly governed by forum rules and posting guidelines. Enjoy using the forum!21109